Our people are The Aber Group’s most valuable assets.
We welcome and celebrate our employees’ differences when it comes to age, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. The collective sum of our employees’ life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent drive our company’s achievements.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At The Aber Group, we
- Employ the most talented people we can
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity
- Foster a supportive environment that celebrates and respects everyone’s uniqueness
- Recognize our talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage
- Appreciate the importance of reflecting Canada’s diverse population in our workforce
- Believe our team members’ backgrounds and life experiences make us a more creative, flexible, interesting, productive, competitive, and successful organization
We expect all employees to be aware of The Aber Group’s policies when it comes to diversity and share responsibility for upholding our policies. All employees undergo diversity training to raise awareness about diversity-related issues and to develop diversity management skills. If employees experience a situation that is non-compliant with our policy, they bring it to the attention of one of the members of the diversity committee.
The Aber Group’s diversity policy covers three areas: recruitment, career development and promotion, and employee support. This policy applies to all employees, prospective employees, customers, clients, contractors, vendors, and all others who do business with or are in contact with The Aber Group.
We believe that employing people from diverse cultural, linguistic, and national backgrounds offers us valuable knowledge that we use to help our clients successfully achieve their digital advertising goals. We recruit talented people from under-represented backgrounds, on an equal basis.
Career Development and Promotion
The Aber Group rewards excellence and promotes employees based on performance. We train and expect our managers to treat employees fairly and evaluate performance objectively.
The Aber Group offers a safe and welcoming environment for our employees. We offer valuable employee benefits, flexible work time arrangements, an Employee Assistance Program, and open communications.
We recognize racism, ageism, sexism, and other forms of discrimination as serious issues. We are committed to tackling cultural stereotypes within and outside our organization. We have clear reporting procedures for any type of discrimination or harassment and follow-up procedures to prevent future incidents.
Our Diversity Committee Drives Our DEI Policy
Diversity champions from across the company make up our diversity committee, whose mandate includes:
- Developing plans to reach a broad range of communities and groups to share our industry knowledge and encourage people to apply for positions at The Aber Group
- Recommending ways to keep our employees’ DEI awareness levels and skills up to date
- Reviewing diversity-related issues and non-compliance situations within the agency and recommending corrective actions on a case-by case basis
- Evaluating our DEI policy regularly to ensure it meets our needs, is current with legislation, and reflects best practices
We give all new employees a copy of this policy when they start their employment and distribute policy updates when we make changes. We post the policy along with the names and contact information for members of the diversity committee on company bulletin boards.